the Company's investment policy is to invest principally in the securities of companies either listed in the uk or otherwise incorporated, domiciled or having significant business operations within the uk, whilst up to a maximum of 20% of the company's portfolio, at the time of acquisition, can be invested in companies not meeting these criteria.
- The portfolio will normally comprise up to 30 investments. This level of concentration is likely to lead to an investment return which is materially different from the Company’s benchmark index and may be considered to carry above average risk.
- Unless driven by market movements, securities in FTSE 100 companies and comparable companies listed on an overseas stock exchange will normally represent between 50% and 100% of the portfolio; securities in FTSE 350 companies and comparable companies listed on overseas stock exchanges will normally represent at least 70% of the portfolio.
- The Company will not invest more than 15% of the Company’s net assets, at the time of acquisition, in the securities of any single issuer. For the purposes of this limit only, net assets shall exclude the value of the Company’s investment in Frostrow Capital LLP.
- The Company does not and will not invest more than 15%, in aggregate, of the value of the gross assets of the Company in other listed closed ended investment companies. Further, the Company does not and will not invest more than 10%, in aggregate, of the value of its gross assets in other listed closed ended investment companies, except where the investment companies themselves have stated investment policies to invest no more than 15% of their gross assets in other listed closed ended investment companies.
- The Company has the ability to invest up to 25% of its gross assets in preference shares, bonds and other debt instruments, although no more than 10% of any one issue may be held.
- In addition, a maximum of 10% of the Company’s gross assets can be held in cash, where the Portfolio Manager believes market or economic conditions make equity investment unattractive or while seeking appropriate investment opportunities or to maintain liquidity.
- The Company’s gearing policy is that gearing will not exceed 25% of the Company’s net assets.
- No investment will be made in any company or fund managed by the Portfolio Manager without the prior approval of the Board.
- In accordance with the Listing Rules of the Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA"), the Company can only make a material change to its investment policies with the approval of its shareholders.